We are in the process of upgrading the site to implement a content management system.
Click on map to view parish boundaries in detail.
Newton Heath is a township and ecclesiastical parish, within the parish and parliamentary borough, but not within the municipal boundary of Manchester, situated a mile and a half to the east of that city, in the union of Prestwich, and county court district of Manchester, rural deanery of Cheetham, and archdeaconry and diocese of Manchester.
from Kelly's Manchester Directory, 1873
Local studies information is held at Manchester
- Thorpe Road, Congregational
- All Saints, Culcheth Lane, Church of England
- St Ann, Oldham Road, Church of England
- St Augustine, Sanderson Street, Church of England
- St Barnabas, Oldham Rd, Miles Platting, Church of England
- St Cuthbert, Oldham Rd, Miles Platting, Church of England
- St John the Evangelist, Oldham Road, Miles Platting, Church of England
- St Luke, Albion Street, Miles Platting, Church of England
- St Mark, Holland Street, Church of England
- St Wilfrid, Oldham Road, Church of England
- Varley St, Miles Platting, Independent Methodist
- St Paul, Bower St, Methodist
- Lodge Street/Queen's Rd, Miles Platting, Methodist Association
- Wilson St, Miles Platting, Methodist New Connexion
- Culcheth, Droylsden Road, Methodist New Connexion
- St Paul, Ten Acres Lane, Methodist New Connexion
- Zion, Hall Street, Primitive Methodist
- Hulme Hall Lane formerly Oldham Road, Miles Platting, Wesleyan Methodist
- Lilley Street, Monsall, Wesleyan Methodist
- Oldham Road, Miles Platting, Wesleyan Methodist
- Oldham Road, Wesleyan Methodist
- Culcheth Lane, Evangelical Church
- Oldham Road, Redeemed Church of God
- Varley St, Miles Platting, Salvation Army
- Lilley Street, Monsall, Presbyterian
- Oldham Road, Miles Platting, Unitarian Free
- Christ the King, Amos Avenue, Roman Catholic
- Corpus Christi, Varley St, Miles Platting, Roman Catholic
- St Edmund of Canterbury , Monsall Street, Miles Platting, Roman Catholic
You can also perform a more selective search for
churches in the Newton Heath area
that are recorded in the GENUKI church database. This will also help
identify other churches in nearby townships and/or parishes. You also have the option to see the
of the churches marked on a map.
The Register Office covering the Newton Heath area is Manchester
Description and Travel
You can see pictures of Newton Heath which are provided by:
In 1835 Newton Heath was a township in the parish of Manchester
You can see the administrative areas
in which Newton Heath has been placed at times in the past.
Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference SD879003 (Lat/Lon: 53.499249, -2.183884), Newton Heath which are provided by: