PENKETH, a township in Prescot parish, Lancashire; on the Sankey canal, the Warrington and Runcorn-Gap railway, and the river Mersey, at Fidler's ferry, 3½ miles W S W of Warrington. It has a station on the railway, a post-office under Warrington, a brewery, Quaker and Wesleyan chapels, and a national school. Acres, 1,048. Real property, £3,117. Pop. in 1851, 679; in 1861, 784. Houses, 141.
John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72)
- St Paul, Stocks Lane/Warrington Road, Church of England
- Chapel Rd, Wesleyan Methodist
- Society of Friends
You can also perform a more selective search for churches in the Penketh area that are recorded in the GENUKI church database. This will also help identify other churches in nearby townships and/or parishes. You also have the option to see the location of the churches marked on a map.Warrington. gazetteer for a calculation of the distance from Penketh to another place. Prescot. maps of Penketh and places within its boundaries.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference SJ564877 (Lat/Lon: 53.384325, -2.656981), Penketh which are provided by:
- This place shown on a Google map.
- Google Streetview
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Open StreetMap
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Best site for old maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- Elgin Road Works
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)
- All places within the same township/parish shown on a Google map.
- Nearby townships/parishes shown on a Google map.
- Nearby places shown on a Google map.