PLEASINGTON, a township in Blackburn parish, Lancashire; on the river Darwen, and on the East Lancashire railway, 3 miles W by S of Blackburn. It has a station on the railway ; a Roman Catholic chapel, built in 1819, at a cost of more than £20,000; and an endowed school, with £10 a year. Acres, 1,600. Real property, £3,414; of which £155 are in quarries. The manor, with P. Hall, belongs to J. B. Bowden, Esq. P. Hall is a modern mansion in the Grecian style. P. Old Hall was built in 1587, and was a fine mansion, but is now a farm-house. Feniscowles Hall is the seat of Sir W. H. Feilden, Bart.
John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72)
- St Mary and St John the Baptist, Sandy Lane, Roman Catholic
You can also perform a more selective search for churches in the Pleasington area that are recorded in the GENUKI church database. This will also help identify other churches in nearby townships and/or parishes. You also have the option to see the location of the churches marked on a map.Blackburn. gazetteer for a calculation of the distance from Pleasington to another place. Blackburn. maps of Pleasington and places within its boundaries.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference SD642263 (Lat/Lon: 53.731854, -2.544151), Pleasington which are provided by:
- This place shown on a Google map.
- Google Streetview
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Open StreetMap
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Best site for old maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- Elgin Road Works
- Mario (Lancashire Council maps, less than historic county)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)
- All places within the same township/parish shown on a Google map.
- Nearby townships/parishes shown on a Google map.
- Nearby places shown on a Google map.