St Charles, Swinton - Roman Catholic
This parish has greatly increased in numbers since it began in 1923. Fr. Edward Power was parish priest until 1940. Since then, Fr. A. Stack, Fr. Richard Earley, and Fr. Patrick Henchy have been appointed. Wardley Hall, the Bishop's residence, is in this parish.
Taken from "Salford Diocese and its Catholic past", a survey by Charles A. Bolton, a Priest of the above Diocese. Published 1950 on the First Centenary for the Diocese of Salford.
- this church marked on a Google map. (Use this to report a corrected location)
- Google Streetview (Drag pegman to centre of map to show picture)
- Open StreetMap
- Bing (was Multimap)
- Vision of Britain
- English Jurisdictions in 1851
- Google maps showing nearby churches with satellite image option.
This site provides historical information about churches, other places of worship and cemeteries. It has no connection with the churches themselves. For current information you should contact them directly.
Help requiredThe information provided has been obtained from a number of sources and although every effort is made to avoid errors, just a few may be present. So if there are any please let us know. [Use the link at the bottom of this page].
We do not currently have the following information, and if you can provide it then please do so:
- We think we have the exact location of the church.
If not please select
the following link and
use the instructions
for passing on map locations.
That should enable us to determine the exact location. Use the contact link at the end of this page
to send us an email, and paste in the URL you have selected.
Click here to show map.
- Who holds the records of baptisms, marriages or burials? Have any transcripts of the registers been published?
If you have any further information about the church that you think would be useful to other researchers then do get in touch.