There was a Cistertian Nuns Priory here in Greenfield, founded in 1153 by Eudo de GREINSBY and Ralph de ABY. It was only a farm house in 1930.
The Anglican parish church was dedicated to All Saints.
The church was constructed in the 13th century.
The church was in ruins in the early 1600s and was dismantled in 1660 by Sir Henry VANE, but the churchyard continued in use for burials.
It was the custom, until 1830, to hold an annual church service in the churchyard.
In 1888 a pitch pine chapel was constructed on the original site, but all that remains today is the churchyard. A small iron mortuary chapel was build on the former church foundation to handle burials.