Hatton is both a village and a parish in the Wolds, six miles north-west of Horncastle and about two and half miles west of Wragby. Panton parish lies to the north and Minting to the south. The parish covers about 1,800 acres.
If you are planning a visit:
The National Transmission System has one of its twenty six compressor stations just off the A158 west of the village at Hatton Bridge driven by three gas turbines.
The New Midge Inn, south of the village on the A158, was a great place to exchange gossip and catch up on the latest news. It is now closed. The web page author has a report that it has been sold recently.
Richard CROFT has a photograph of the New Midge Inn on Geo-graph, taken in 2007.
These are the names associated with the New Midge (Often listed as just the "Midge Inn") in various directories):
Thomas HATTER, vict.
John WINN, brewer
-- not listed --
Walter BOULTON, carrier
William CONEY, listed above, was born in Benniworth, LIN, circa 1824. He was married to Charlotte.