"BOW, (or Stratford-le-bow), a parish in the Tower division of the hundred of Ossulstone, in the county of Middlesex, 3 miles to the E. of St. Paul's. " (There is more of this description).
"OLD FORD, a hamlet in the parish of Bow, hundred of Ossulstone, county Middlesex, a quarter of a mile N. of Stratford-le-Bow, and 4 miles E. by N. of St. Paul's, London. It is a station on the Great Eastern railway. It is situated at the bridge on the river Lea, and is included in the borough of the Tower Hamlets. Here are, situated the East London water and British gas works. There are chemical works, and various other manufactories. In the neighbourhood is the gate of an old seat called King John's palace.
[On 2003 maps, Old Ford is also a nearby junction on the approach to the Blackwall Tunnel.]"
Description(s) from "The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland" (1868), transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003; intended for personal use only, so please respect the conditions of use.