"KESGRAVE, a parish in the hundred of Carlford, county Suffolk, 3½ miles N.E. of Ipswich, its post town, and the same distance S.W. of Woodbridge. The land is chiefly arable, and partly laid out in hops. There is no village, only a few farmhouses. The living is a perpetual curacy, annexed to that of Brightwell, in the diocese of Norwich. The church is a small brick building with a square tower. G. Tomline, Esq., is lord of the manor and principal landowner."
Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868)