"WALSHAM-LE-WILLOWS, a parish in the hundred of Blackbourn, county Suffolk, 5 miles N.E. from Ixworth, its post town, and 4 from Finningham railway station. The living is a perpetual curacy in the diocese of Ely, value £93. The church is dedicated to St. Mary. The parochial charities produce about £89 per annum, realised chiefly from town estate. There are schools for both sexes, and the Independents, Wesleyans, and Baptists have chapels. The Rev. T. B. Powell is lord of the manor. Near the church is an old mansion, formerly a cell subordinate to the Abbey of Ixworth."
Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868)