"WASHBROOK, a parish in the hundred of Samford, county Suffolk, 3½ miles S.W. of Ipswich, its post town, and 2½ N. of the Capel railway station. The village contains a police station of the East Suffolk constabulary. The parish is situated on a branch of the river Orwell. Felchurch was formerly a chapel-of-ease to Washbrook, but has long since disappeared. The living is a vicarage annexed to that of Copdock, in the diocese of Norwich. The church, dedicated to St. Mary, has several stalls, which have been recently renovated, and an E. window, presented by the late Lord Walsingham. There is a National school for both sexes. The Wesleyans have a chapel."
Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868)