"DUNDRY, a parish in the hundred of Chew, in the county of Somerset, 5 miles S.W. of Bristol, its post town. It is situated under Dundry Beacon, upwards of 700 feet above the level of the sea, commanding a view of the country for many miles, including the Malvern, Welsh, Quantock, and Wilts hills. It contains the tythings of East and West Dundry and Littleton. Here are some quarries of durable freestone. The living is a perpetual curacy in the diocese of Bath and Wells, value £100, in the gift of the Vicar of Chew Magna. The church, dedicated to St. Michael, is a stone structure partly modern. The tower is ancient and lofty, and may be seen many miles distant. The register commences in 1560. The parochial charities produce about £26 per annum, of which £7 is for the school. The Baptists have a chapel, and there is a National school for both sexes, and a Sunday-school. In the neighbourhood is a Druidical circle. The Rev. E. A. Ommanney is lord of the manor. A fair is held on the 12th September for cattle and sheep."
"LITTLETON, a tything in the parish of Dundry, county Somerset, 5 miles S.W. of Bristol. It is situated under Dundry Beacon, which is about 700 feet above the sea-level, and commands a view of the Malvern, Welsh, and Quantock hills."