National Gazetteer (1868) - Alvediston
"ALVESDISTON, a parish in the hundred of Chalk, in the county of Wilts, 9 miles to the S.W. of Wilton. Cranbourne Chase is within a few miles of it on the S.E. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Salisbury, value £271, in the patronage of the Vicar of Broadchalke. The church is dedicated to St. Mary."
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) - Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]