"BREMILHAM, (or Cowage), a parish in the hundred of Malmesbury, in the county of Wilts, 2 miles to the W. of Malmesbury, its post town. It lies on the border of Gloucestershire. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Gloucester and Bristol, of the value of £121, in the patronage of the Hon. and Rev. G. R. Bowles."
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) - Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]