NORTON BY LENCHWICK, Worcestershire
"NORTON BY LENCHWICK, a parish in the lower division of Blackenhurst hundred, county Worcester, 3 miles N. of Evesham, its railway station and post town. It is situated on the Alcester road, and contains the hamlets of Lenchwick and Chadbury. The village, which is small, is entirely agricultural. The impropriate tithes belong to the Dean and Chapter of Worcester. The living is a vicarage* with the vicarage of Lenchwick, or Lantchurch annexed, in the diocese of Worcester, joint value £157, in the patronage of the dean and chapter."
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of
Great Britain and Ireland (1868)
Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]
- The transcription of the section for Norton by Lenchwick from the National Gazetteer (1868) provided by Colin Hinson.