"PATRICK BROMPTON, a parish comprising the townships of Brompton-Patrick, Newton le Willows, and part of Arrowthorne in the eastern, and part of the chapelry of Hunton in the western, division of the wapentake of HANG, North riding of the county of YORK, and containing, with the whole of Arrowthorne and Hunton, 968 inhabitants, of which number, 158 are in the township of Brompton-Patrick, 3 miles W.N.W. from Bedale."
"ARROWTHORNE, a township in the parishes of HORNBY, and PATRICK BROMPTON, eastern division of the wapentake of HANG, North riding of the county of YORK, 5 miles S.S.W. from Catterick, containing 64 inhabitants."
"NEWTON LE WILLOWS, a township in that part of the parish of PATRICK-BROMPTON, which is in the eastern division of the wapentake of HANG, North riding of the county of YORK, 4 miles W.N.W. fromBedale, containing 250 inhabitants. There is a place of worship for Wesleyan Methodists. Two children are educated for a trifling sum,, the bequest of Samuel Atkinson, in 1707."
[Transcribed by Mel Lockie © from
Lewis's Topographical Dictionary of England 1835]