The Ancient Parish of SALTON
[Description(s) edited mainly from various 19th century sources by Colin Hinson. © 2010]
[Transcribed information mainly from the early 1820s]
"SALTON, a parish in the wapentake of Rydale, and liberty of St. Peter's; 6
miles S. of Kirkbymoorside. Here is a church (see Churches for photograph), dedicated to St. John of
Beverley, in the patronage of G. W. Dowker, Esq. of which the Rev. Edmund
Dowker is vicar. Pop. 148."
"BRAWBY, in the parish of Salton, wapentake of Rydale, and liberty of St.
Peter's; 1¾ SE. of Salton, 5 miles SSE. of Kirkbymoorside. Population, 188."
"BROATES HOUSE, a farm house in the township and parish of Salton; ½ mile ESE.
- Here are photographs of Churches etc. in the parish:
- The parish registers from 1573 to 1837 for Baptisms and Marriages
have been transcribed by "Denis". This data was
originally placed on the web by Paul Benyon, and Paul has asked that
the pages be hosted by Genuki so that they don't "keep moving around".
- The whereabouts and dates of the Registers etc. for the
Parish of Salton.
- A transcription of the
List of Vicars and Patrons in St. John's Church, Salton.
- This parish is covered (or partly covered) by the following Societies:
This page is copyright. Do not copy any part of this page or website other than for personal
use or as given in the conditions of use.
If you have any suggestions for links to other sites that may be useful to other researchers,
please use this User Links page
Web-page generated by "DB2html" data-base extraction software ©Colin Hinson 2014