Transcript of the entry for the Post Office, professions and trades
for TERRINGTON in Bulmer's Directory of 1890.
- Post, Money Order Office, and Savings Bank, Terrington. Mrs. Nash, postmistress.
Letters via York arrive at 7-30 a.m., and are depatched at 5-25 p.m.
Miscellany of trades
- Agar Robert, shoemaker
- Arminson John, gentleman, The Hollies
- Arnell Francis, tailor
- Beilby Thomas, tailor
- Blenkarn Joseph, steam thrashing machine, &c., proprietor and farmer
- Burnett John, mason
- Bustard William, police constable
- Church of England School; Hudson M. Shackleton, master; Miss Hannah Frances
Goodwill, Infant mistress
- Coatesworth John, temperance hotel
- Goodrick Mrs. Elizabeth, grocer
- Goodrick George, joiner, &c.
- Goodrick Mr. William
- Goodwill George, shoemaker
- Goodwill Richard, tailor
- Goodwill Robert, butcher and grocer
- Goodwill William, joiner and carpenter
- Greenwood J. Broadley, Esq., Wiganthorpe hall
- Hawkins James, vict., Bay Horse
- Henderson Mr. John
- Holiday John, carrier to York
- Kinnear Thomas John, Esq., J.P. & C.C. for Sheriff Hutton division, Terrington hall
- Lacy John, tailor
- Marton Mrs. Ann
- Mortimer Mr. John
- Nash Mrs. Hannah, grocer, &c., Post office
- Rhodes John, grocer, and carrier to York
- Stewart John, shoemaker
- Taylor William, joiner, &c.
- Terrington Reading Room, established 1882; John Wright, secretary
- Vester William, blacksmith
- Wawne Edward, joiner, &c., Saw Mill cottage, Wiganthorpe
- Wimbush Rev. Samuel, M.A., Rectory
- Worsley Mrs., Cliff hall
- Worsley William, Esq., The Lodge
- Wright John, gentleman
- Arnell John
- Bickers Robert, & Robert, & George, Mowthorpe
- Bilton James, Mowthorpe
- Blenkarn William
- Chapman Thos. (farm bailiff), Rectory farm
- Ellerby Mrs. Jane
- Goodwill Robert, Thorn cottage
- Goodwill Thomas, Park farm, Wiganthorpe
- Harrison Richard, Rose cottage, Wiganthorpe
- Kitching William, Lower Mowthorpe
- Lockey John and Richard, Hill top
- Marton John (yeoman)
- Marton William, Cautrill lodge
- Moore Robert (and butcher), Manor house
- Swann John and James, Prospect house
- Swann John, Primrose hill
- Swann Mrs. Tabitha, Prospect house
- Swann William, Village
- Wood John (and carrier to York, Sat.), Flat top
- Letters via Terrington, York. Wall box cleared at 5-40 p.m.
Miscellany of trades
- Frazer Henry J., Esq., Ganthorpe house
- Freer John B., farmer
- Freer Thomas, farmer
- Pickering Richard, Mowthorpe dale
Scan, OCR and html by Colin Hinson. Checking and correction by Peter Nelson.
This page is copyright. Do not copy any part of this page or website other than for personal
use or as given in the conditions of use.
Web-page generated by "DB2html" data-base extraction software ©CRH 2006
If you find an error (small or large) in the text or a bad link, please drop me a line via
my error reporting form.
[Last updated at 18.55 on Sunday, 29 May 2011, by Colin Hinson. ©2011]