"Blanchvilleskill", or Blanchfieldstown, a parish, in the barony of Gowran, county of Kilkenny, and province of Leinster, 2 miles (W. by S.) from Gowran; containing 224 inhabitants. This small parish is situated on the mail coach from Dublin to Cork, by way of Kilkenny, and comprises 660 statute acres: the land is good and is principally under tillage, and there is plenty of limestone. Blanchvillestown, situated in a very neat demesne containing some fine timber, is the property of Major-Gen. Sir J. Kearney, and is held on lease by the Rev. Theobald Butler. It is a vicarage, in the diocese of Ossory, and forms part of the union of Kilfane and corps of the archdeaconry; the rectory is appropriate to the vicars choral of Christ church, Dublin. In the R. C. divisions it is included in the union or district of Gowran. There are some remains of the old church at Blanchvilleskill.
[From A Topographical Dictionary of Ireland (1837)]
Civil Parish: Blanchvilleskill. RC Parish: Gowran.
Gowran and Clara - Earliest Records: b. Jan 1809; m. Jan 1810.
Cross reference to Family History Library microfilm (double-check with the Library)
Civil Roman Catholic Time FHLC
Blanchvilleskill Clara 1809-1828 0926194
Blanchvilleskill Gowran 1809-1880 0926194 Note: The northern part of the R. C. parish of Gowran became Clara