"A mining village, one mile east of Clackmannan. To the west of the village is Kennet House, the family seat of the Bruces of Kennet."
[Clackmannan and Kinross by J.P.Day B.A. B Sc., 1915 ]
Kennet, once a mining village, now mainly consists of a row of 18th century cottages. The main thoroughfare between Kincardine and Alloa ran through the village until the 1970s. The Clackmannan by-pass road diverted the traffic away from the village, so that it is now a quiet residential village.