" Dalziel, par., N. Lanarkshire, 3039 ac., pop. 13,853; contains the greater part of town of Motherwell and part of town of Wishaw; abounds in coal, ironstone, and sandstone; 1¾ m. SE. of Motherwell is Dalzell House. "
From John Bartholomew's Gazetteer of the British Isles, 1887
Dates of Old Parish Registers
- Churches in Dalziel (NS785655):
You can also perform a more selective search for churches in the Dalziel area that are recorded in the GENUKI church database. This will also help identify other churches in nearby townships and/or parishes. You also have the option to see the location of the churches marked on a map.
There are several very useful family history research resources in the City of Glasgow
- Details of the administrative areas of which Dalziel has been a part can be seen in Vision of Britain, which contains details of historic boundaries, and more about the place.
- This place shown on a Google map.
- Google Streetview
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Open StreetMap
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Best site for old maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)
- All places within the same township/parish shown on a Google map.
- Nearby townships/parishes shown on a Google map.
- Nearby places shown on a Google map.