"ABERNYTE, parish in Sidlaw district, Perthshire, mainly about 2 miles north-north-west of Inchture railway station. Post town, Inchture. Acres, 2532. Real property in 1880-81, £3011. Pop. 275. The surface is mostly hilly, and rises from about 300 to about 1155 feet above sea-level. A free church serves Abernyte and Rait. The public school has about 75 scholars."
Wilson, Rev. John The Gazetteer of Scotland by Rev. John Wilson, 1882
The interment register is available at the local council offices in Perth. Please consult the cemeteries page. Monumental Inscriptions have been published and are available from Tay Valley FHS
There are pre 1855 inscriptions available in Monumental inscriptions (pre-1855) in North Perthshire.
The parish number is 327. Please consult the county page for general information.
Please consult the county page for general information.
Church of Scotland (OPR)
|GRO(S) Ref. No.|
|327/1||B 1667-1819||M 1667-1819||D 1667-1819|
|327/2||B 1678-1720||M 1664-1720||D 1702-20|
|327/3||B 1820-54||M 1820-54||D 1820-5|
- The transcription of the section for Abernyte from the National Gazetteer (1868) provided by Colin Hinson.