"LOCHWINNOCH, town and parish in south-west border of Renfrewshire. The town stands near Castle-Semple Loch, 9¾ miles south-west of Paisley; carries on considerable manufacture; and has a post office, with money order and telegraph departments, designated of Renfrewshire, a railway station, a banking office, Established, Free, and United Presbyterian churches, and 2 public schools with about 323 scholars. Pop. 1192."
[From The Gazetteer of Scotland, by Rev. John Wilson, 1882.]
- Churches in Lochwinnoch (NS352588):
You can also perform a more selective search for churches in the area that are recorded in the GENUKI church database. This will also help identify churches in nearby townships and/or parishes. You also have the option to see the location of the churches marked on a map.
If you keep this page loaded for a very long time and the database is updated since loading it, the church links above may become stale and may display the wrong church. If this happens, reloading this page will correct them.
Registration of Births, Marriages and Deaths began in Scotland on 1st January 1855. For details of these and other records held at the General Register Office in Edinburgh, see the GRO tutorial.GENUKI Gazetteer for a calculation of the distance from Lochwinnoch to another place.
- Details of the administrative areas of which Lochwinnoch has been a part can be seen in Vision of Britain, which contains details of historic boundaries, and more about the place.
- Open StreetMap
- Bing (was Multimap)
- Old Maps Online
- Vision of Britain
- All places within the same township/parish shown on a Google map.
- Nearby townships/parishes shown on a Google map.
- Nearby places shown on a Google map.
- This place shown on a Google map.
- Google Streetview