Hughes, O. Hanes plwyf Trefdraeth. Bangor : Jarvis & Foster, [190-]
Parry, Gwenfair. Trefdraeth (Anglesey). In The Welsh language and the 1891 census p. 439-453
Trefdraeth parish; Llanidan parish; Llangristiolus parish. Particulars with plans of very valuable ....freehold estates, farms and lands ... two thousand seven hundred acres .... to be sold by auction in 48 lots / By Mr. William Dew at The Bull Inn, Llangefni on Thursday the 17th and Friday the 18th days of August 1865.
Church and chapel data from The Religious census of 1851 : A Calendar of the returns relating to Wales, Vol 11, North Wales. Ed. by Ieuan Gwynedd Jones, UWP, 1981. The names given towards the end of each entry are those of the informants.
Tref-draeth Parish; Statistics; Area 3135 acres; Population 479 males, 515 females, total 994
Trefdraeth Parish Church (Diocese of Bangor) Attendance - morning 23 + 26 scholars, afternoon 23 "I do not consider the returns for this parish to be worth much as the Dissenters filled their meeting houses for the occasion from neighbouring Parishes, morning and evening in the different places of Worship, three in number" H D Owen
The NLW's site - "The case of Dr Bowles ..... rector of Trefdraeth in 1766....."
The People's Collection Wales site (search on Trefdraeth) - "The depositions, arguments and judgement in the cause of the church-wardens of Trefdraeth....1773 "
St Beuno's Church, Trefdraeth - on geograph.org.ukand "The church .......Dating is difficulct due to significant restoration, however, the nave and chancel are probably C13, the chapel C13/C14, the porch is probably C14, and the vestry modern. The W bellcote is C14. The church retains a number of C15/C16 windows and doorways, .........." coflein
St Anne's Mission Chapel (Chapel of Ease), Malltraeth-yard coflein
Capel Bethel (CM) - on geograph.org.ukand "Bethel Methodist Chapel was built in 1805, rebuilt in 1866, renovated in 1889 and rebuilt again in 1905........." coflein
Sardis CM chapel, Malltraeth - on geograph.org.ukand "Sardis Methodist Chapel was first built in 1831, rebuilt in 1860 and renovated in 1896...." coflein
"Elim Methodist Chapel [Wesleyan/Ty Mawr/Malltraeth] cause began in 1804 ..... at Ty Mawr Farm...chapel built in 1835...rebuilt on the same site in 1890......." coflein
A pamphlet was published by the Honourable Society of Cymmrodorion in 1773 and relates to the controversy which arose following the appointment of Thomas Bowles, an elderly monoglot Englishman, as parish priest of Trefdraeth and Llangwyfan, Anglesey, in 1766 - on the People's Collection Wales site
Trefdraeth Parish Church Papers - details of extant records on Archives Network Wales
"Photocopies made ca. 1980-1990 of documents ranging in date from 1879-1921 which were in the safe of Trefdraeth parish church."
Diaries of William Williams of Trefdraeth 1848 - 1851 - details of extant records on Archives Network Wales
"The identity of the author of these diaries is not certain but according to their original cataloguer at the University of Wales, Bangor, it was probably William Williams of Trefdraeth, Anglesey, fl. 1848 - 1851, a draper, farmer and general dealer.."