Church and chapel data from The Religious census of 1851 : A Calendar of the returns relating to Wales, Vol 11, North Wales. Ed. by Ieuan Gwynedd Jones, UWP,1981. The names given towards the end of each entry are those of the informants.
Llanbedr-y-Cennin Parish consisting of Llanbedr-y-Cennin and Dolgarrog Township; Statistics; Area 4909 acres; Population 254 males, 227 females, total 481
Llanbedr y Cennin Parish Church Restored 1843 Attendance - usual - morning 70/80, evening 30/40 Services in Welsh Informant; Thomas Evans, Curate
Llwynygwaun, Calvinistic Methodists Erected c 1830 Attendance - afternoon 60 John Hughes, Deacon
Salem, Independent Erected c 1808 Attendance - afternoon 72, evening 200 John Williams, Independent Minister
Rees, Thomas & John Thomas.Hanes Eglwysi Annibynnol Cymru(History of the Welsh Independent Churches), 4 volumes (published 1871+). Here is the entry from this book for Salem chapel (in Welsh) Also Soar chapel (in Welsh) - with translations by Eleri Rowlands (Dec 2009) Also Siloh chapel, Brwynog, in Dolgarrog within this parish - with translation by Eleri Rowlands (Feb 2010)
Conwy School Boards (Byrddau Ysgol Conwy) records - details of extant records on Archives Network Wales
"Includes; ...... Records of the Caerhun, Llanbedr y Cennin and Dolgarrog United District School Board, 1873-1903...."