GENUKI Home page Denbighshire county page Denbighshire Contents Contents



The parish of Llanddewi was created on 5 February 1867, from the southern part of the parish of Llangernyw. It comprised the townships of Bodrach, Nannerth, Pantymanus, and portions of Pentrewern, Rhanhir and Hafodunos. The parish reverted to Llangernyw in 1974.


Church History

Ordnance Survey reference SH 862648.
The church, which was dedicated to St. David, was consecrated on 26 July 1867.
It was closed in 1963, and has now been converted for use as a private residence.

Nonconformist Churches Nonconformist places of worship for Llanddewi may have been included in the "Welsh Church Commission - County of Denbigh - The Statistics of the Nonconformist Churches for 1905"under the Civilparish of Llangernyw. Details will be found on the parish page for Llangernyw.

Return to top of page

Church Records

Parish Registers

Baptisms Marriages Burials
None 1871 - 1955 None

Bishop's Transcripts


Return to top of page

Civil Registration

Having been formed from townships of the parish of Llangernyw, the parish of Llanddewi was assigned to the No. 1 ("Llanrwst") sub-district of the Llanrwst Registration District; which was co-extensive with the Llanrwst poor law Union.

In the GRO indexes to civil registration, entries for Llanddewi are in the format :

(GRO index references have no relevance at the local Superintendent Registrar's Office)

Return to top of page


Return to top of page


Return to top of page

Info Find help, report problems, and contribute information.

Valid HTML 4.01 Transitional Last Updated  9 Jan 2013 - Gareth Hicks

Copyright GENUKI and Contributors 1996 to date
GENUKI is a registered trade mark of the
charitable trust GENUKI

Hosted by Mythic Beasts Ltd.