Kirkham Manuscripts 1846-1892 "Morfa Copper Works, Landore [Glandwr] was originally worked by Williams Foster and Company 1835-1880. In 1880 they were acquired briefly by H. R. Merton and Company but were in the same year obtained by Williams Foster and Company who ran them from 1890-1893. From 1893 until 1924 the works were operated by Williams Foster and company and Pascoe Grenfell and Sons Limited.
Middle Bank or Plas Canol Copper works, Lower Swansea Valley originally worked lead under the firm of Chauncey Townsend and Company 1755-1764. Copper working was introduced when the firm of John Rotton and Company took over the works fo the period 1765-1769. .................................."
Millbrook Engineering Company Limited 1734-1966 "The Millbrook Engineering Works, Landore [Glandwr] was established in 1825. The works began life as a general engineering concern but quickly started to see the advantages of being located near the neighbouring metal industries. The company began to manufacture plant for the copper industry and later became renowned for the manufacture of plant and equipment for the tinplate industry. The works became particularly well-known for the Millbrook Pickling Machine which was installed in many tinplate works both in the Swansea and Llanelli districts and abroad.........................."
The church is dedicated to St. Paul, is in the Benefice of Landore and the diocese of Swansea and Brecon. Details of the present incumbent of this benefice can be found at the Church in Wales website. The church can be located at grid reference SS661959.
Anglican Parish Registers Held at the Glamorgan Record Office, Cardiff