"TREALAW is a township forming part of the Urban District of Rhondda, on the eastern side of the valley, separated from Tonypandy by the river Rhondda, and is 6 miles north-west from Pontypridd and 1 from Llwynypia station on the Rhondda branch of the Great Western railway. All Saints was formed into a separate ecclesiastical parish on Dec. 28th, 1920, from Llwynypia. The church of All Saints here was erected about 1897 at a cost of £1000, and affords 380 sittings. The living is a vicarage, net yearly value £256, in the gift of the Bishop of Llandaff and the Board of Patronage, and held since 1920 by the Rev. Charles Renowden L.Div. of St. David's College, Lampeter." [Kelly's South Wales Directory 1923 (ArchiveCDBooks) - transcribed by Gareth Hicks]
From Kelly's South Wales Directory 1923 (ArchiveCDBooks) - transcribed by Gareth Hicks
A cemetery of 25 acres, between Trealaw and Porth, was formed in 1879 at a cost of £14,000, for Rhondda, Llanwonno and Llantrisant. A cemetery of 15 acres was formed in 1871 at a cost of £7000, at Treorchy, and was enlarged in 1914 by the addition of 15 acres, for the parish of Rhondda; and there is also a cemetery of 5 acres at Mardy, formed in 1875, at a cost of £3600; each contains two mortuary chapels, and since April 1st, 1896, have been under the control of the Rhondda Urban District Council Burial Committee of 13 members.
The church is dedicated to All Saints, is in the Benefice of Porth St. Paul with Trealaw, and the diocese of Llandaff. Details of the present incumbent of this benefice can be found at the Church in Wales website. The church can be located at grid reference ST002922.
Maes-yr-haf Settlement (Trealaw, Rhondda, Glamorgan) 1900-1983 "The Maes-yr-haf Settlement (Trealaw, Rhondda, Glamorgan) was established following emergency relief operations organised by the Society of Friends (Quakers) in the Rhondda valleys during the 1926 coal strike. While organising the distribution of clothing and food in the Rhondda, several prominent Quakers, including Emma Noble, of Swindon, Wiltshire, became convinced of the need for a more permanent form of help to the area. Through the autumn and winter of 1926-1927, the idea rapidly developed to establish a Quaker Social Settlement. A large Victorian house, Maes-yr-haf, was purchased at Trealaw, near Tonypandy. The first Wardens of the Settlement, William and Emma Noble of Swindon, moved into Maes-yr-haf in April 1927; they were to remain there until 1945. As direct relief work, distributing food and clothing, came to an end, the Maes-yr-haf Settlement developed as an educational and social centre. The Settlement ran a wide range of classes for the unemployed, from 'moral philosophy' to more practical boot repairing centres..............................................."