Church and chapel data from The Religious census of 1851 : A Calendar of the returns relating to Wales, Vol 11, North Wales. Ed. by Ieuan Gwynedd Jones, UWP, 1981. The names given towardsthe end of each entry are those of the informants.
Parish statistics; Area 20030 acres; Population 869 males, 850 females, total 1719
Llanfawr Parish Church Attendance - morning 35 + 45 scholars, afternoon 30 "The Parish Church is situated about 8 or 10 miles distant from the majority of the Population and there is a Chapel of Ease, the Holy Trinity, also in the Parish" Services in Welsh Thomas Griffiths, Minister
Trinity Church Chapel of Ease Consecrated in 1849 as an additional church Attendance - morning 25 + 25 scholars, afternoon 35 + 20 scholars, evening 32 Morning and evening services in Welsh, afternoon in English John Williams, Minister
Chapel of Tanybont, Independent Erected 1741 Attendance - morning 50, afternoon 43, evening 63 Edward Jones, Farmer, Garneddlwyd
Rees, Thomas & John Thomas Hanes Eglwysi Annibynnol Cymru (History of the Welsh Independent Churches), 4 volumes (published 1871+). The Tynybont section (in Welsh) has been extracted Also Rhydywernen chapel
Capel Llwyneinion, Llanfor, cofnodion (records) "Capel Llwyneinion was a Calvinistic Methodist chapel located in Llanfor, near Bala, Merionethshire. The chapel was built before 1800, and closed in about 1967." "Records include ..... annual reports of Llwyneinion and other local chapels, 1918-1967....."
Description and Travel
You can see pictures of Llanfawr / Llanfor which are provided by:
Frongoch Whiskey Distillery, Llanfor, deeds 1889-1900 "In 1889, Edward Charles Nicholls, Esq., of London, purchased land at Frongoch, LLanfor, Merionethshire, from Richard John Lloyd Price of Rhiwlas, with the aim of establishing a distillery called the 'Welsh Whiskey Distillery Co. Ltd....."
Tan-y-garth Documents c. 1866 - 1908 "The farmhouse known as Tan-y-Garth is located in the parish of Llanfor in Merioneth..."