Church and chapel data from The Religious census of 1851 : A Calendar of the returns relating to Wales, Vol 11, North Wales. Ed. by Ieuan Gwynedd Jones, UWP, 1981. The names given towards the end of each entry are those of the informants.
Parish statistics; Area 7461 acres; Population 309 males, 297 females, total 606
- St Peter's Parochial Church Originally a Chapel of Ease under the Collegiate Church of Towyn Attendance - morning 100 Services in Welsh "The Tythes amount to about £225 now in the hands of Lord Seaham who allows only £22 for the maintainance of the Minister and the Parish Clark" Edward Pryce, Churchwarden
- Wesleyan Methodist Chapel Attendance - usual 80 + 40 scholars Informant; Edward Bell, Registrar
- Nebo, Calvinistic Methodists Erected 1820 Attendance - morning, school, afternoon 131, evening 119 David Rowlands, Deacon
- Carmel, Congregational Erected 1816 Attendance - morning 96, afternoon 37, evening 116 Grey Evans, Minister, Bryn Cottages, Pennal
- Pantreithog Chapel, Welsh Calvinistic Methodists Erected 1831 Attendance - morning 83, afternoon and evening no service "The usual number of Scholars attending the Sunday school are 85" Thomas Jones, Deacon, Glanfechan, nr Machynlleth