|St Pierre||Contents &
|Where is it
"ST. PIERRE, a parish in the upper half division of the hundred of Caldicott, county Monmouth, 2½ miles S.W. of Chepstow. The village, which contains only a few farmhouses, is situated at the ferry over the Severn to New Passage. The tithes have been commuted for a rent-charge of £119, and the glebe comprises about 1 acre. The living is a rectory annexed with that of Sudbrook to the rectory* of Portscuett, in the diocese of Llandaff. The church, which is an ancient edifice, contains a pillar monument to A. St. Pierre, of St. Pierre House."
"RUNSTON, a hamlet in the parish of St. Pierre, upper division of Caldicott hundred, county Monmouth, 3½ miles S.W. of Chepstow. There was formerly a chapel-of-ease."
The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868)
Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]
(Last updated - Gareth Hicks - 17 Feb 2009)
Find help, report problems, and contribute information.
Copyright © GENUKI and Contributors 1996 to date