CLIFTON & COMPTON, Derbyshire

Census

Census
Year
Piece No.
1861 R.G. 9 / 2520
1891 R.G. 12 / 2752
Return to top of page

Church History

Return to top of page

Church Records

Return to top of page

Civil Registration

Return to top of page

Description and Travel

"CLIFTON is a hamlet in the township of CLIFTON and COMPTON, and parish of Ashbourn, about a mile and a half from that town. Formerly a chapel belonging to the establishment was here, but the only place of worship, at present, is a neat meeting-house belonging to the Calvinists. The township contained, at the last census, 839 inhabitants."

[Description from Pigot and Co's Commercial Directory for Derbyshire, 1835]

The village is just off the A515 bypass just south of Ashbourne.

Return to top of page

Directories

Return to top of page

Gazetteers

Return to top of page

Military Records

Return to top of page

Politics and Government

Return to top of page

Poorhouses, Poor Law, etc.

Return to top of page
URL of this page: http://www.genuki.org.uk/big/eng/DBY/Clifton/index.html

Hosted by Mythic Beasts Ltd.