"CROXALL is a parish, partly in the hundred of Repton and Gresley, county of Derby, and partly in the hundred of Offlow, county of Stafford, 8 miles S.W. by S. from Burton-upon-Trent. The river Meuse flows through the parish, and the Tame touches upon its boundary. The church is dedicated to St. John the Baptist: the living is a vicarage, in the patronage of the crown. Population of the parish, with Catton township and part of Edingale, 263."
[Description from Pigot and Co's Commercial Directory for Derbyshire, 1835]
The parish inlcudes the townships of Croxall and Catton and lies 116 miles north of the city of London. Catton lies north-north-east of Croxall.
Passenger rail service stopped here in 1928.