Moston, township and ry. sta., Manchester par., SE. Lancashire - township, 1297 ac., pop. 3466; the sta. is 4½ miles NE. of Victoria sta., Manchester.
John Bartholomew, Gazetteer of the British Isles (1887)
- St Chad, Hazeldene Rd, New Moston, Church of England
- St John, Ashley Lane, Church of England
- St Luke, Kenyon Lane, Lightbowne, Church of England
- St Mary, Nuthurst Rd, Church of England
- St Mary's Rd, Methodist New Connexion
- Eastwood Road, New Moston, Primitive Methodist
- Lightbowne Road, Primitive Methodist
- Gill Street, United Methodist Free Church
- St Mary's Rd, United Methodist Free Church
- Chain Bar, Moston Lane, United Methodist Free Church
- Streetfold, Moston Lane, United Methodist Free Church
- Ashley Lane, Wesleyan Methodist
- Kenyon Lane, Lightbowne, Evangelical
- Eastwood Road, New Moston, Full Gospel Church
- Church Lane, Spiritualist
- St George, Moston Lane, Presbyterian
- St Dunstan, Moston Lane, Roman Catholic
- St John Vianney, Poynter Street, Roman Catholic
- St Margaret Mary, St Margaret's Road, New Moston, Roman Catholic
You can also perform a more selective search for churches in the Moston area that are recorded in the GENUKI church database. This will also help identify other churches in nearby townships and/or parishes. You also have the option to see the location of the churches marked on a map.Manchester. gazetteer for a calculation of the distance from Moston to another place. Manchester. Moston in the 19th century. maps of Moston and places within its boundaries.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference SD872018 (Lat/Lon: 53.512715, -2.194498), Moston which are provided by:
- This place shown on a Google map.
- Google Streetview
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Open StreetMap
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- Elgin Road Works (Zoom in via this one to see house numbers)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)
- All places within the same township/parish shown on a Google map.
- Nearby townships/parishes shown on a Google map.
- Nearby places shown on a Google map.