Swineshead is both a village and parish about 5 miles west of Boston. The parish is just over 100 miles north of London. It is bounded on the south by Bicker parish. The parish covers about 7,100 acres of flat fenland, drained by many small canals. The parish contains the hamlets of Baythorpe, Holt Hill and Crossgates.
The village lies along the old Sleaford and Holbeach Road and on the south side of the Hammond Beck. This was an important market town until the middle of the seventeenth century. If you are planning a visit:
- See our Touring page for additional resources.
- Tourists will enjoy visiting one of England's windmills (Photograph compliments of and copyright by: Linda (Vesey) SOKALOFSKY).:
- Rodney BURTON has a photograph of the North End Mill at Geo-graph, along with a note that the mill worked until the 1930s.
- Richard CROFT provides his photograph of the Village Sign on Geo-org, taken in March, 2010.
You can see pictures of Swineshead which are provided by:
- See our Maps page for additional resources.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference TF237402 (Lat/Lon: 52.944915, -0.160496), Swineshead which are provided by: