Transcript of the entry of "professions and trades"
for FRIDAYTHORPE in Post Office Directory of 1857.
- Mr Robert Brigahm
- Mr Michael Robson
- Mr John Sellers
- John Addam boot and shoemaker and post-office and shopkeeper
- Thomas Atkinson master of national school
- James Bannister grocer and carrier
- Richard Botham miller
- Thomas Bowman veterinary surgeon
- John Calam farmer
- John Dale farmer
- William Dent saddle and harness maker
- Thomas Gray parish clerk
- George Ireland blacksmith
- John Johnson farmer Manor House
- William Kirby carrier
- Isaac Maw farmer The Lodge
- John Overfield boot and shoemaker
- Thomas Paul farmer
- William Peam rope and twine maker
- Robert Pickering tailor and woollen draper
- Thomas Robinson farmer
- Mrs Sarah Robson Cross Keys and grocer
- William Sellers wheelwright and joiner
- Robert Sharp farmer
- Robert Sharp Rose and Crown and farmer
- Mrs Mary Wharran farmer
- John Wilson farmer
- Thomas Wilson wheelwright
- Francis Wood tailor
- John Acklam Postmaster.
- Letters are received through Malton at 25 min to 2pm and despatched at
20 min to 2pm.
- Nearest money order office is Driffield.
- Driffield James Bannister and William Kirby Thursday
- Pocklington James Bannister Saturday
- York James Bannister Saturday
Transcribed by Shelly Stephenson. ©2006
This page is copyright. Do not copy any part of this page or website other than for personal
use or as given in the conditions of use.
Web-page generated by "DB2html" data-base extraction software ©CRH 2006
If you find an error (small or large) in the text or a bad link, please drop me a line via
my error reporting form.
[Last updated at 20.43 on Thursday, 01 August 2013, by Colin Hinson. ©2013]