Transcript of the entry for the Post Office, professions and trades
for WHENBY in Bulmer's Directory of 1890.
- Letters via York arrive at 10 a.m. Nearest Money Order Office is at Sheriff Hutton, and
Telegraph Office at Flaxton.
Miscellany of trades
- Gill Robert, carter and shopkeeper
- Vester John, blacksmith
- Wales William. joiner
- Whenby Church of England School; Miss Louisa Alice Darbyshire, mistress
- Coverdale Wm., Manor house and Clifton house
- Dobson George, Whenby and Withernholme in Dalby
- Nesfield Walker, Wellfield house
- Thornton Christopher, Foulrice, of Close house, Oulston
- Wales George, Glebe farm
- Wales Robert
- Ward George, Pradcar farm
Scan, OCR and html by Colin Hinson. Checking and correction by Peter Nelson.
This page is copyright. Do not copy any part of this page or website other than for personal
use or as given in the conditions of use.
Web-page generated by "DB2html" data-base extraction software ©CRH 2006
If you find an error (small or large) in the text or a bad link, please drop me a line via
my error reporting form.
[Last updated at 18.55 on Sunday, 29 May 2011, by Colin Hinson. ©2011]