"LOGIE, parish in Stirlingshire, Clackmannanshire, and Perthshire. It adjoins Stirling town, and contains Causewayhead, Menstrie, and Blairlogie villages., part of Bridge of Allan town, and a small part of Stirling burgh. Its length is 6 1/2 miles; its greatest breadth about 6 miles; its area 3026 acres in Stirlingshire, 3632 acres in Clackmannanshire, and 5156 acres in Perthshire. Real property in 1880-81, £23,761, £9294, and £3712. Pop. 2985, and 1438, and 273. The river Allan traces the western boundary; the river Devon traces the eastern boundary; and the river Forth, from mouth of the former to mouth of the latter, traces all the southern boundary. The land in the north and north-east is part of the Ochil Hills; thence, to about the middle, is brae or hanging plain; and thence to the rivers, is rich carse One of the Ochil hills is the famous Dunmyat; and another of its prominent features is Abbey-Craig. Silver and copper ores are among its Ochils; and the mineral wells of Airthrie are near Bridge of Allan. A chief residence is Lord Abercromby's seat of Airthrie Cartle, and a chief antiquity is Cambuskenneth Abbey. The parochial church stands on a rural spot near Blairlogie. Established, Free, United Presbyterian, and Episcopal churches are at Bridge of Allan, and a United Presbyterian church is at Blairlogie. Six schools for 976 scholars are in the parish, and 3 of them for 570 are new."
Wilson, Rev. John, The Gazetteer of Scotland,1882.
GRO(S) Ref. No. is 374. Please consult the county page for general information.
Please consult the county page for general information.
Church of Scotland (OPR)
GRO(S) Ref. No. 374/1 B 1688-1733 M 1688-1733 D- 374/2 B 1733-83 M 1733-83 D- 374/3 B 1783-1819 M 1783-1819 D- 374/4 B- M- D 1761-96 374/5 B 1820-54 M 1820-54 D 1822-52
For deaths (1686-1761, the Miscellaneous Transcripts series, Ref. MT63-1, has a transcript of the register of mortcloths.
- The transcription of the section for Logie from the National Gazetteer (1868) provided by Colin Hinson.