"CADOXTON juxta BARRY, in the Cwmwd of Is Caeth, Cantref of Brenhinol (now called the Hundred of Dinas Powys), County of GLAMORGAN, South Wales: a discharged Rectory, valued in the King's Books at £5..2..1: Patrons, John Llewellin, Esq., and others, in 1777: Church dedicated to St. Cadog. The Resident Population of this Parish, in 1801, was 196. The Money raised by the Parish Rates, in 1803, was £55..7..7 1/2, at 9s. 9d. in the pound. It is 8 m. S W. b. S. from Caerdiff. This Parish contains between five and six hundred acres of cultivated Land, together with a small quantity of Wood and Underwood. It is situate near the Bristol Channel: and has the remains of a fine old Castle. According to the Diocesan Report, in 1809, the yearly value of this Benefice, arising from Rent of Glebe, and Tythes, was £69..10..7. " From: A Topographical Dictionary of The Dominion of Wales by Nicholas Carlisle, London, 1811.