Family History and Genealogy Societies: Ireland
This page provides means of finding information about societies whose interests relate to Ireland.
We provide information about a given society simply by linking to its web pages where these are known to us. Otherwise, if the society is a member of the The Federation of Family History Societies, or the Scottish Association of Family History Societies, we provide a link to the postal address listings these provide. In addition, we are happy to receive and make available postal address details for other (non-commercial) family history societies, i.e. ones that are registered charities.
NOTE: We do not attempt to provide information about the large number of societies that relate just to particular surnames - many of these are in any case members of, and listed in the directory maintained by, the Guild of One-Name Studies (GOONS).
- Council of Irish Genealogical Organisations (CIGO)
- Genealogical Society of Ireland*
- Irish FHS *
- Irish Genealogical Research Society *
- Irish Genealogical Society, International (IGSI)
- North of Ireland FHS *
* identifies societies that are members of the Federation of Family History Societies.