Blunham: Geographical and Historical information from the year 1898.
"MOGGERHANGER, (or Mogerhanger) a village which with CHALTON, a small hamlet, was formed in 1896 into a civil parish from Blunham, under the provisions of the "Local Government Act, 1894 "; Moggerhanger is about 1 mile south from Blunham station of the Cambridge branch of the London and North Western railway, 44 north-west from Biggleswade, 6 east from Bedford and a west from Sandy, in the Northern division of the county., Wixamtree hundred, Biggleswade petty sessional division, union and county court district, and in the rural deanery of Biggleswade, archdeaconry of Bedford and diocese of Ely.
The soil is principally gravel; subsoil, gravel. The chief crops are wheat, oats, barley and beans. Market gardening is here carried on to a great extent. The area is 1,800 acres of land and 15 of water; rateable value, £3,047; the population in 1891 with Charlton, was 430."