CHALGRAVE: Geographical and Historical information from the year 1866.
[Transcribed information from The Imperial Gazatteer of England & Wales, 1866-9]
"CHALGRAVE, a parish in Woburn district, Beds; 3¾ miles N by W of Dunstable railway station, and 6½ ENE of Leighton-Buzzard. It includes the hamlets of Tebworth and Wingfield; and its post-town is Hockliffe, unde Leighton-Buzzard. Acres, 2,130. Real property, £4,665. Pop., 761. Houses, 207. The property is subdivided. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Ely. Value, £150. Patron, the Rev. J. M. Hamilton. The church is early English, and has a massive tower."
[Description(s) transcribed by Craig Pickup ©2002]