"BEEDON, a parish in the hundred of Faircross, in the county of Berks, 2 miles to the S. of East Ilsley. It includes the tything of Stanmore. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Oxford, value £126, in the patronage of Sir J. Reade, Bart. The church is dedicated to St. Nicholas."
"STANMORE, a tything in the parish of Beedon, county Berks, 2 miles S.W. of East Ilsley."
From The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland(1868). Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003.
Other descriptions can be found from other periods in various trade directories covering Berkshire from the early 19th century onwards and from A Vision of Britain Through Time.