Cambridge All Saints
"CAMBRIDGE ALL SAINTS, a parish in the town of Cambridge."
- Monumental inscriptions in the churchyard for the years 1616-1859 reside in the Cambridgeshire Archives.
- The Census Records from 1841-1891 can be found in the Cambridgeshire Archives. In addition the 1851 Census for Cambridge is available in indexed form, on microfiche, from the Cambridgeshire Family History Society Publications list (search)
- The following Churches have their own websites:
- All Saints Church, Cambridge
- " All Saints' church, opposite Jesus College, built in 1863-4, and consecrated Nov.30, 1864, is an edifice in the Early English style of the 14th century, consisting of chancel, nave, south aisle of equal size and an embattled tower at, the east end with a lofty spire and containing 3 bells the walls are decorated with rich diaper work and colour and bear suitable inscriptions: the stained east window designed by Mr. G. F. Bodley A.R.A., F.S.A. is a memorial to Everina Frances, widow of Sir Gilbert Affleck bart. and wife of the Rev. Dr. Whewell, master of Trinity College; she died 1 April, 1865: the old church, which stood opposite St. John's College, has been removed: there are 400 sittings, of which 150 are unappropriated. The old graveyard near the site of the former church has been inclosed and re-arranged, and contains a memorial cross designed by Mr. Basil Champneys, the architect of the adjacent Divinity Schools, and erected in 1880 in memory of various distinguished persons and benefactors of the parish, whose names are inscribed on tablets round the base. The register dates from the year 1538. The living is a vicarage, net yearly value £83, including 28 acres of glebe, in the gift of the Master and Fellows of Jesus College, and held since 1892 by the Rev. Charles Lawford Acland M.A. of that college." [Kelly's Directory - 1900]
- Church of England
- Cambridge All Saints: Records of baptisms 1538-1690, 1702-1973, marriages 1539-1973, burials 1539-1950, and banns 1754-1973 reside in the Cambridgeshire Archives. The Bishop's Transcripts for the years 1599-1674, 1712-1837 can be found in the Cambridge University Library. Indexed transcripts exist in the Cambridgeshire Archives for all records for 1538-1702, indexed transcripts also exist for baptisms 1538-1836 and marriages 1539-1837.
- Please see the Cambridge page for the gazetteers.
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Cambridge All Saints to another place.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference TL451588 (Lat/Lon: 52.208325, 0.122114), Cambridge All Saints which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)
- The Cambridge All Saints War Memorial has been transcribed and and the men researched.