A Topographical Dictionary of England
Samuel Lewis (1831)
Transcript copyright Mel Lockie (Sep 2016)
LANDKEY, a parish in the southern division of the hundred of MOLTON, county of DEVON, 2¼ miles (E. S. E.) from Barnstaple, containing 683 inhabitants. The living is a perpetual curacy, annexed to that of Swimbridge, in the peculiar jurisdiction of the Consistorial Court of the Bishop of Exeter, endowed with £200 royal bounty, and £1600 parliamentary grant. The church is dedicated to the Holy Trinity. At Herford, in this parish, was anciently a chapel. Here is a placeof worship for Wesleyan Methodists.