"MOLLAND, (or Molland-botreaux), a parish in the hundred of South Molton, county Devon, 6 miles N.E. of South Molton, its post town. The village, which is of small extent, is wholly agricultural.' There is a camp under Molland Down. Several mines have been worked in this parish at different periods. The living is a vicarage annexed to that of Knowstone, in the diocese of Exeter. The church, dedicated to St. Mary, contains tombs of the Courtenays. The parochial charities produce about £4 per annum, bequeathed by Thomas Clark in 1776. There is a National school.
"ABBOT'S-PARK, in the parish of Molland, near Moulton, in the hundred of South Moulton, and county of Devon, 6 miles N.E. of South Moulton, a small place situated on the river Yee, which rises near Parkham, and runs 8 miles E. to the Torridge, below Littleham."