A Topographical Dictionary of England
Samuel Lewis (1831)
Transcript copyright Mel Lockie (Sep 2016)
LEIGH (NORTH), a parish in the hundred of COLYTON, county of DEVON, 3¾ miles (W. N. W.) from Colyton, containing 214 inhabitants. The living is a rectory, in the archdeaconry and diocese of Exeter, rated in the king's books at £10. 9. 7. James Jenkins, Esq. was patron in 1797. A small Sunday school has been endowed by the Rev. Mr. How.