"PANCRASWEEK, or Week St . Pancras, a village and parish, on the east side of the Tamar valley, four miles W.N.W. of Holsworthy, has 540 inhabitants, and 3782 acres of land, including the hamlets of Kingford, Dunsdon, and Dexbeer. L.W. Buck, Esq., is lord of the manor, but part of the soil belongs to Earl Stanhope, C.H. Hotchkys, Esq., and a few smaller owners. The Church (St. Pancras,) was anciently appropriated to Tor Abbey, and has a tower and five bells. The living is a perpetual curacy, annexed to Bradworthy vicarage. The Rev. Roger Kingdon is impropriator of the great tithes, which have been commuted for £260, and the small tithes for £100 per annum. The glebe is 7A., and the Parsonage is a small cottage. DIRECTORY: - Wm. Bickley and Nathl. Gilbert, wheelwrights; Robt. Lott and John Jeffrey, blacksmiths; and Jas. Baker, Wm. Burnard, John Gilbert, Rd. Hodge, Jas. Penwarden, and Peter Stacey, farmers. " [From White's Devonshire Directory (1850)]
A parish in Black Torrington Hundred, the Archdeaconry of Totnes and the Diocese of Exeter.