Hide

hide
Hide

VIRGINSTOW

[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868)]

"VIRGINSTOW, a parish in the hundred of Lifton, county Devon, 7 miles S.E. of Holsworthy, and 6 N.E. of Launceston, its post town. The village is situated on the river Carey. The living is a rectory* in the diocese of Exeter, value £103. The church, dedicated to St. Bridget, was rebuilt in 1852. H. Blagrove, Esq., of Lifton Park, is lord of the manor. "

Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003