Jarrow St Paul
There is a picture (96 kbytes) of the parish church of St. Paul, Jarrow; supplied by Bill Henderson.
The Parish Registers for the period 1571-1981 are deposited at Durham County Record Office, County Hall, Durham, DH1 5UL (EP/Ja.SP).
Copies of the Parish Registers for the period 1837-1900 are deposited at the Society of Genealogists.
Marriage indexes for
from the George Bell Collection of Durham and Northumberland Indexes.
The Marriages (1813-1837) are included in the Joiner Marriage Index.
The following records for churches in the ancient parish of Jarrow are also available at Durham County Record Office, County Hall, Durham, DH1 5UL:-
- Hebburn, St. Cuthbert 1874-1988 (EP/Heb.SC).
- Hebburn, St. John 1887-1970 (EP/Heb.SJ).
- Hebburn, St. Oswald 1881-1965 (EP/Heb.SO).
- Jarrow Dock 1862-1980 (EP/JD).
- Jarrow Grange, St. Aidan 1899-1927 (EP/JG).
- Jarrow, Venerable Bede 1903-1967 (EP/Ja.VB).
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Jarrow St Paul to another place.
You can see the administrative areas in which Jarrow St Paul has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference NZ338654 (Lat/Lon: 54.982061, -1.473396), Jarrow St Paul which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)