Chelmer Village in Chelmsford parish
"Chelmer Village is a housing, retail and industrial development in the east of Chelmsford, Essex. . . Together with "Beaulieu Park" and parts of old Springfield the development forms the "Chelmer Village & Beaulieu Park" ward of the Springfield Parish and Chelmsford City Council. . . The estate was built upon the farmland of the historic Springfield Barnes manor and opened in 1978, and included the former Barnes Farm, Prentices Farm, Horns Farm and Willshers. The River Chelmer flows along the southern and eastern edges of the suburb, the river also forms part of the Chelmer and Blackwater Navigation, while the development is bordered in the west and north by the A138. . ." [Wikipedia]
- Census returns are available from the usual sources for 1841-1911, which includes most copies held at the ERO, Wharf Rd, Chelmsford. More information on other ways to view these census returns on the Essex
- A full list of Essex churches
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Chelmer Village in Chelmsford parish to another place.
You can see the administrative areas in which Chelmer Village in Chelmsford parish has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference TL732075 (Lat/Lon: 51.73944, 0.507097), Chelmer Village in Chelmsford parish which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)